Effective Date: August 3, 2020
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We and our service providers use personal information for our legitimate business purposes, including those specifically described below. We engage in these activities to manage our contractual relationship with you, to comply with a legal obligation and/or because we have a legitimate business interest.
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud;
- Personalize your experience on the Site; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
With your consent, we may share your information with third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
We may share your information with advertisers and actual and potential investors for the purpose of conducting general business analysis.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of certain targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info.
DO NOT TRACK
JURISDICTION AND CROSS-BORDER TRANSFER
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Site you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your personal information.
OPTIONS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you have an account on the Site, you may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by emailing us at email@example.com or by updating your account information directly in the Site. Upon your request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account and Personal Information from our active databases. However, some information may be retained in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms of Service and/or comply with legal requirements.
EMAILS AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails or other communications from us, you may opt-out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by updating your account settings page on the Site. If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails or other communications from a third party, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
We will retain your personal information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include the length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you, when we have a legal obligation to which we are subject or as advisable in light of legal requirements.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use administrative, technical and physical security measures to help protect your Personal Information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the Personal Information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information to us.
The Site is not intended for individuals under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit information from or market to individuals under 13 years of age. If you become aware of any data we have collected from individuals under 13 years of age, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Hitched, 67 N. 2nd Street, Philadelphia PA 19106, United States
Privacy Notice for California Residents
Your Rights and Choices: The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and how you may exercise those rights.
- Access to Specific Information; Data Portability Rights. You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you: (a) the categories of personal information we collected about you; (b) the categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you; (c) our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information; (d) the categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information, if any; (e) the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request); (f) if we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- Deletion Request Rights. You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers, if any, to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to: (a) complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you; (b) detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities; (c) debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality; (d) exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law; (e) comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.); (f) engage in public or peer-reviewed research in accordance with Section 1798.105 (d)(6) of the CCPA; (g) enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us; (h) comply with a legal obligation; or (i) make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Your Rights. To exercise the access, data portability and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
Visiting tryhitched.com or
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within any 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must: (a) provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the individual about whom we collected personal information or that you are an authorized representative of that individual; and (b) describe your request with sufficient detail to allows us to properly understand, evaluate and respond to it. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
- Response Timing and Format. We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of the verifiable consumer request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
- Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not: (a) deny you goods or services; (b) charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties; (c) provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; (d) suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services. However, we may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates or quality levels. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information's value and contain written terms that describe the program's material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
Contact Information: If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which we collect and use your information described in this notice, your choices and rights regarding such use or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Postal Address: 67 N. 2nd Street, Philadelphia PA 19106, United States