Wedding band widths are measured in millimeters (mm) and Hitched offers men’s wedding bands in 2mm, 4mm, 6mm, and 8mm width sizes. Not all widths look or feel the same, and they even look differently on different size hands, so follow our guidelines and use our images to help you decide on the perfect size for you.
Wedding Band Widths
*Hand model is a size 10.5
Narrow Wedding Bands
Thin wedding bands are 2mm to 4mm thick. Some characteristics to consider when deciding on whether to purchase a thin men’s band:
- They look great on the man who has smaller hands.
- They are perfect for someone who is not used to wearing a ring.
- Thin wedding bands are lighter than thick bands.
- They tend to be very comfortable, as they are smaller and lighter.
- They are less expensive in precious metal, as they use less metal.
- They tend to fit a bit looser than a thicker band.
Right in the Middle
The average width size for a men’s wedding band is 6mm and is suitable for most grooms.
- They make a nice visual statement, without being flashy.
- They are comfortable and easy to wear.
- They tend to look good on all hand sizes.
Wide Wedding Bands
Wedding bands that are 8mm in width are considered to be on the thicker side.
- They look great on the man who has larger hands.
- They are visually impactful, for the man looking to make a statement with his ring.
- They are perfect for men with a ring size of 10 or more.
- They tend to feel tighter than the more narrow widths.